Chocomint Blossoms,Â adapted fromÂ Better Home and Garden
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2Â 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Peppermint-swirl kisses or milk chocolate kisses
Chocomint Blossoms Directions
- In a large bowlÂ creamÂ butter and shortening with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in egg, milk, and peppermint extract until combined. Next add the flour. Cover &Â chill about 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Shape dough into 1.25 inch balls, I use the Easy Roller for this since up toÂ 21 can be rolled at a time.Â Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Immediately press a candy kiss into the center of each cookie. Transfer to wire racks; cool.
You can also use the Crinkle Cookie recipe for these and add your favorite Hershey’s Kiss to the top! There are so many flavors now it’s incredibly hard to pick a favorite!! I have made them with Caramel kisses, Candy cane Kisses, lava cake kisses… the list is endless and they are all amazing!Â Definitely a crowd favorite!
If you liked this post, shareÂ itÂ & theÂ Easy RollersÂ with your friends and family!Â Itâ€™s how we keep these posts coming ðŸ™‚