I found this recipe over at Cooking Classy and thought I had to try it in the Easy Roller!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp milk or buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 5 tsp red food coloring
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt for 30 seconds, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixerÂ with the paddle attachment, whip butter and granulated sugar until pale and fluffy. Mix in eggs 1 at a time, blending until each egg is fully combined before adding the nest. Mix in milk, vanilla, lemon juice and red food coloring. With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Stir in white chocolate chips.
Assemble the frame and turn dough out into the frame. Place another sheet of wax paper over top of the dough and with a rolling pin, roll it out flat.Â Then put the frame of dough into the refrigerator over night or until firm enough to roll. About 2 hours. Once they are firm Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Next, place the dough into the Easy Roller to be cut, and then remove the strips of dough.
Replace 3 of the strips of dough horizontally on the bottom half of the Easy Roller, leaving a bit of space between each one.
Cover those 3 strips of dough with the lid and slide forwardÂ & back 2-3 times swiftly until they have rolled into balls. Repeat these steps until all the dough has been rolled into balls.
Next roll the cookie balls into powdered sugar andÂ transfer to your baking sheets and flatten slightly, then bake in preheated oven 13 – 14 minutes.
Allow to rest on cookie sheet several minutes
..then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Yum!! Thank you Cooking Classy for such a delicious and pretty cookie recipe!Â I love that I can roll these out in no time with the Easy Roller too!Â Maybe this holiday I will freeze some cookie balls so I can take a few out whenever the mood strikes me ðŸ™‚